The touch keyboard or the handwriting recognition bar is very useful in Windows 10 – no doubts about that. But what if it keeps popping up every single time you use a pen tablet with your PC? Now that is extremely irritating. Every time your pen tablet touches a text field, the on-screen keyboard pops up!
Now, I am a photographer and graphics designer – I use pen tablets a lot and the virtual keyboard popping up all over the screen had to stop for me. So here is what I did…
Disable touch keyboard service
- Press WinKey + R to bring up the “Run” prompt.
- Type in services.msc and press enter.
- Now in the list of services shown, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
- Right clock on it and select Disable from the drop-down menu and select Okay.
- Close the services.smc window and your annoying touch keyboard issue should be solved!
- If it still remains, you may try restarting your computer once – it should then be solved.
If this did not work for you, there are other ways to get rid of this feature too. Do let me know in comments how it worked for you!